Is there an equivalent to the construct polygons tool on the Advanced Editing toolbar in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
08-25-2016 08:11 AM
BrandonSaunders1
New Contributor III

I'm looking into parcel editing in ArcGIS Pro and I can't find a way to construct polygons from existing polylines.  Am I blind or is that functionality not included yet?  I'm using ArcGIS Pro 1.3.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The construct polygons tool will be available in 2.1

It was added this week, same functionality as ArcMap.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Not an ideal solution but would the Feature to Polygon GP tool work as long as all the lines intersected one another?

BrandonSaunders1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the  response; good idea for creating the polygon feature class to begin with but I don't see how it would be functional during the normal course of editing existing data.  If all you're trying to do is create a new parcel polygon along the border of an existing polygon feature class then the workflow you outlined adds several steps to the process.  Looks like it's just something that isn't available in Pro at this time.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
BrandonSaunders1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reference.  I have looked at that but I didn't see any reference to the Advanced Editing toolbar or the Construct Polygons tool--I could have missed it though.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I suspect this editing functionality is not part of Pro 1.3 but may be part of Pro 1.4.  The Pro Developers are working hard with the next release for "ArcMap equivalency" - meaning the same functionality (tool/extension/behavior wise) will be available in Pro 1.4.  From what I hear, Pro 1.4 will drop end of the year.

SteveLilly
New Contributor

I am now using Pro 2.0.  Has this been fixed yet?  

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I too am working with ArcGIS Pro 2.0 and do not see Construct Polygons for the Modify Features Pane.  I suspect it will be in 2.1 end of 2017 if I read the tea leaves correctly.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The construct polygons tool will be available in 2.1

It was added this week, same functionality as ArcMap.

BrandonSaunders1
New Contributor III

I joined the ArcGIS Pro 2.1 Early Adopter program to take a look and the construct polygons tool is a step forward but what about the ability to split polygons using existing features?  This is another important part of parcel mapping that doesn't seem to exist in Pro.  Many of our clients are resisting a change to Pro since parcel mapping functionality isn't where they need it to be. 

0 Kudos