Is there a way to use the WorldElevation3D/Terrain3D layer in ArcGIS Pro Scene for analysis?

Jump to solution
05-31-2022 08:58 AM
DPG
by
New Contributor II

Hi there. One of the great things about ArcGIS Pro Scene is the default elevation data that is automatically available in the contents.

DPG_0-1654012646965.png

Is there a way to select a region of this layer and export it - either as a 3D model, or as a 2D elevation raster? Currently I cannot find a way to do this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In the Catalog Pane->Portal->Living Atlas, you can search for Elevation.  I added the Ground Surface Elevation - 30m to my ArcGIS Scene.  It's an Imagery Layer but I can export the raster to a file geodatabase raster based upon an extent of interest and then use that for analysis.  Hope this helps!

AGP_Elevation.JPG

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In the Catalog Pane->Portal->Living Atlas, you can search for Elevation.  I added the Ground Surface Elevation - 30m to my ArcGIS Scene.  It's an Imagery Layer but I can export the raster to a file geodatabase raster based upon an extent of interest and then use that for analysis.  Hope this helps!

AGP_Elevation.JPG

Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

A new help topic regarding this will be available when ArcGIS Pro 3.0 is released. Here are steps from that topic below. It is very important to note that you need to zoom in on a small area. When you run this tool it will make a temporary raster which could be quite large depending on your extent. You can then save it permanently using the Copy Raster tool.

1. In a local or global scene, zoom in on a small area of interest.
2. In the Geoprocessing pane, search for Make Raster Layer, and set the parameters as follows:
3. Input raster—Choose Terrain 3D.
4. Output raster layer name—Specify the name of the layer.
5. Envelope—Choose Current Display Extent.
6. Click Run

7. Open Copy Raster tool > Input the raster from the previous output

8. Specify necessary output format parameters and click Run

0 Kudos