Is there a way to fill selected features in ArcGIS Pro?

08-24-2020 06:52 AM
MalleCarrasco-Harris1
New Contributor III

When I select a polygon in ArcGIS Pro, it highlights the boundary of that feature. My boss has been asking if I can 'fill' the selected feature like he does in ArcMap. Is that a functionality in Pro? I can't seem to find it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Malle - if I select a polygon in ArcMap, by default it uses a cyan selection color and highlights the boundary of the selected feature.  This is the identical workflow in AGP as well.  Can you provide an example where the selected feature in ArcMap has a fill?  Or are you referencing the symbology of the feature through layer properties?

0 Kudos
MalleCarrasco-Harris1
New Contributor III

Robert,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I didn't realize there has a reply.

In ArcMap, the selection color can be selected and the polygon will be filled that color when it's selected (see screenshots below). When I do the same in ArcPro, only the outline is assigned the color. We tried toggling the fill of the polygon (which we prefer transparent) and it still only colored the outline when selected.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

You're not missing anything.  Unfortunately this has not been incorporated into Pro yet, but it is in the product plan.  Here is the associated idea on ArcGIS Ideas: https://community.esri.com/ideas/14627 You could go give that an upvote, but as noted, it is in the product plan.  

Thank you!

0 Kudos