Is there a way to dock the identify/pop up screen in ArcGIS Pro?

02-23-2018 06:51 AM
ErinSchmidt1
New Contributor

Is there any way to dock the pop up screen to a specific spot and leave it there?  I frequently open and close the pop up window and it would be nice if it stayed in the exact same spot or if it could be docked along with the Catalog and Geoprocessing tabs along the side of the screen.  The identify tool could be docked in ArcMap but that doesn't seem to be the case in Pro.  Any insight is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
17 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

At Pro 2.2 you will be able to dock the pop-up.

0 Kudos
CathyWilson2
Occasional Contributor

Oh, goody! We're on 2.1.2, so next upgrade for us!

Thank you for the quick reply!

Thank you,

Cathy Wilson

Cartographic Technician

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

4701 N. Torrey Pines Drive

Las Vegas, NV 89130

702-515-5259

cathy_wilson@fws.gov

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

You're welcome!

0 Kudos
DanielBrenner
Occasional Contributor

But what if we’re working in ArcGIS 10.5?

I am not allowed to use ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
DanielBrenner
Occasional Contributor

Some of us aren’t working in Pro.

Do you know how to do the same thing in ARC GIS??

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

The question was Is there a way to dock the identify/pop up screen in ArcGIS Pro?

You can dock the identify window in ArcMap.  Just drag it until you see the blue hover tips, and then hold it over where you want to dock:

Not docked:

Docked:

DanielBrenner
Occasional Contributor

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

This IS NOT what I am talking about.  This is for an ArcGIS 1001 user.    As in someone who doesn't know ArcGIS but can automatically see an issue with it? PLEASE.

I only had to install Visual Studio 2015 and Arcobjects end ended up getting a fraction of what I needed.  

Click Identify button. Identify window should AUTOMATICALLY show up in same place every time in relation to the identified feature.   As in, when you select something from a table and it AUTOMATICALLY goes to the center of the screen.  Why can't the same thing AUTOMATICALLY happen when you identify?   Zoom in to identified feature at X distance away?   

Dragging and docking is not what I had in mind at all.  And certainly not a dock at bottom of screen thing either.   PLEASE.

I still don't have an answer as to why there is an Empty Field in the identify window.    Why is it we can't use that field for the last 8 attributes out of 16, for example? 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Start your own question please.

This one is about ArcGIS Pro