Is there a 'register with existing data' option in the Create Replica tool for ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
09-10-2020 10:40 AM
MichaelMixon
New Contributor II

When working with the Create Replica tool in ArcGIS Pro, I don't see an option to 'register with existing data.' While I have been able to successfully create a replica and synchronize changes in Pro, the process only works when the target DB does not initially contain the data. Allowing the Create Replica tool to copy entire datasets every time I need to create a replica is not ideal. Has anyone discovered a way to create a replica when identical data is present in the parent and child databases?

The following link references the way this could be done in ArcMap.

Replicas created with the option to register with existing data—ArcGIS Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Michael - an update to your question last year, the enhancement request to have the option to "register with existing data" was implemented at the ArcGIS Pro 2.7 release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There is an enhancement request - ENH-000129496 - and in the Product Plan to do this in a future release of AGP.  Hope this helps answer your question.

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Michael - an update to your question last year, the enhancement request to have the option to "register with existing data" was implemented at the ArcGIS Pro 2.7 release.

0 Kudos