Is there a floating Overview Map in ArcGIS Pro, like in ArcMap?

01-06-2020 01:57 PM
Occasional Contributor

In ArcMap, there's a floating Overview Map that shows you the area of your Data View with an extent rectangle showing where you are zoomed.  In ArcGIS Pro, I want an Overview Map to view the extent of zoom in my Layers tab, for example, when I'm editing.

In the ArcGIS Pro help, all I can find is instructions for how to add an extent indicator to a layout, but not a floating overview map like in ArcMap.

Is there a floating Overview Map in ArcGIS Pro that can be used with the Layers tab like in ArcMap?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esri Notable Contributor

There isn't.  I suppose this would be similar/perhaps related to .

It might be worth posting as its own ArcMap equivalency issue on the ideas site to track alongside the magnifier idea.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks.  I wanted to check here first to see if there's another way to do it first.

Esri Contributor

There is an addin sample that does this - https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/tree/master/Map-Exploration/OverviewMapCont...  - but not sure if they have a prebuilt version of these sample addins available (otherwise you would need to build the addin with Visual Studio)

Another option might be to create multiple maps in Pro and link the 2 maps views - Link multiple views—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop