Is there a Fishbone tool for ArcGIS Pro?

02-25-2020 09:48 AM
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

We're looking to quality test our address data, and I was wondering if anyone knows if there's an updated Fishbone tool for ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

From what I've been able to research the "Generate Fishbone" tool was from the ArcMap version of the Address Data Management solution from back in the day.  There is an ArcGIS Pro version of the Address Data Management solution here that "may" have a similar workflow but I have not downloaded nor tested the solution.  Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
brianbond
New Contributor III

Josh, I tasked my co-worker John to build our agency a fishbone for data cleanup.  He was able to do it with Python code and has documented completely for you to have access to.  You can find all the details on his personal website, search for "GIS John", GIS John – Thinking Spatial here is a current link to the website but it could always change in the future.  As for the code, it is on the website and the sample data is setup so you can use either ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro with your own data to build a fishbone after you follow a few steps. 

JohnEhlen
New Contributor II

@JoshSaad1 , @brianbond 

I gave a presentation on fishbones at the Arizona Geographic Information Council Symposium. My presentation is on my website, and talks about how to go about creating a fishbone, with links to code samples and data. 

https://johnehlen.com/agic2020-presentation/

JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, I'll check it out.

0 Kudos