Select to view content in your preferred language

Is their any option to publish the GP tool on ArcGIS Online instead of publishing it in the ArcGIS Server

06-03-2020 12:55 AM
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

Is their any option to publish the GP tool on ArcGIS Online instead of publishing it in the ArcGIS Server?

Tags (1)
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This has been discussed before and the answer provided seemed to work

Share As Web Tool Error: "Cannot share web tool to ArcGIS Online. Close the Pane, switch your active... 

If you have ArcGIS for Portal, you can publish to your Portal using the Share as Web Tool in Pro. Then you will be able to use the tool in ArcGIS Online. 

... sort of retired...
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

If I don't have Portal For Arcgis, is their any option to publish it to our online organization?

Best

Majdoleen

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Publish web tools in ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation offers a python solution, but I think the restrictions are the same

Publish web tools in a Python script—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Maybe you need to describe your situation since I keep coming up with references that cover a number of situations

Share with ArcGIS Pro

Share web tools

Web tools allow you to share your analysis with others in your organization's portal. Data is stored and processing occurs on a server that is federated with your portal, which makes it possible for a number of client applications in the ArcGIS platform to run the analysis, even at the same time.

What is a web tool?

Note:

Sharing web tools requires administrative or web tool publisher permissions. Fine-grain publishing roles can also be configured so that anyone in a group can share a web tool to a specific federated server. Alternatively, the server allowGPAndExtensionPublishingToPublishers property can be set to allow publishers to share a web tool to the server.

... sort of retired...
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Thank you Dan, I posted it as an idea here.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can close this thread out then... 

... sort of retired...