Is the “find and replace” tool available in the latest version of ArcGIS Pro,

11-17-2017 12:24 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Is the “find and replace” tool available in the latest version of ArcGIS Pro,

Despite the fact that there is a workaround for this, however, this tool is heavily needed as it is considered the main SEARCH tool. What is the point if searching the data is not straightforward?

FAQ: Is the Find and Replace tool available in ArcGIS Pro?

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000014591

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
36 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

remember to note that your data worked in my environment, but it doesn't work in yours, that might narrow it down for them

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Dan Patterson‌ and Jamal NUMAN I can confirm I too observe this behaviour, the find and replace tool does not appear with a standalone table. It is a bug in ArcGIS Pro 2.5.

There is a work around, open an attribute table for any layer in your map THEN open the standalone table and then you will see the find and replace tool...

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Duncan, I did it with a clean project, just a standalon table, I followed my images (there are several) and it has worked with several different tables in several existing or empty projects.  

I think it might be time to move it to a right-click whenever you click on anything in a table column

AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Thank you so much for all of your help Dan!

Jamal NUMANDuncan Hornby‌ thank you for reporting this behavior. I was able to reproduce this in-house. I have created a support issue as well, so you can track the development status: BUG-000129280.

I would like to echo what other's have said: the best way to submit your bugs so our teams can fix them is through support.

Thanks again,

Alycia

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Alycia Rajendran‌ what did you have to do to reproduce it, when I can't?  Data source? License? Proximity to Greenwich?

AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

A lot of pizza, of course!

It appears to be a timing issue. Sometimes, standalone tables take longer to initialize. At the same time, that menu is being initialized and it looks like they can get out of sync.

My repro was this:

1. Open two maps, side-by-side, one with a standalone table

2. Give focus to the map without the table by clicking its tab

3. Give focus back to the map with the table and open it

I had more luck starting from an Untitled project and inserting two maps, docking them side-by-side, and then adding the table.

Also, I'm magic.

- Alycia

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That has to be the most convoluted process to produce a "bug" I have ever heard!   kudos!

BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

I wondered what the trick was.... 😉

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Hi Bruce,

Could you please indicate if this issue is filed as a bug?

Hi Duncan,

I like your workaround. It works for me

Hi Alycia,

Thank you for confirming that you could reproduce the issue.

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Jamal,

Bruce Harold‌ was simply making a joke based off my testing steps. This is a bug and I have already given you the support bug number in my message above.

Thanks,

Alycia