Is the “find and replace” tool available in the latest version of ArcGIS Pro,

11-17-2017 12:24 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Is the “find and replace” tool available in the latest version of ArcGIS Pro,

Despite the fact that there is a workaround for this, however, this tool is heavily needed as it is considered the main SEARCH tool. What is the point if searching the data is not straightforward?

FAQ: Is the Find and Replace tool available in ArcGIS Pro?

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000014591

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
36 Replies
MichaelCunnings
New Contributor II

I have heard this will be incorporated in an upcoming release, but is not yet available.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

It appears that this feature is not available in Pro 2.5

Jamal Numan
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

It looks like it is available in ArcGIS Pro 2.5. Under Mapping and visualization --> Tables - What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.5—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Tables

• You can now search tabular data to find specific values. Click the the table menu Menu to access the Find and Replace tool Find and Replace. The search is performed on the selected fields. You can make specific updates to individual values in an iterative process or update multiple values at once. A list of the most recent searches is retained in both the Find and Replace text boxes until the project is closed. You can also specify the search method to match any, all, or just the start of the field, as well as match the case.
  • The ability to freeze one or more columns has been added to the table view. You can now select which columns you want to always have visible and still scroll horizontally through the table by using the field's context menu and clicking Freeze/Unfreeze Field Freeze/Unfreeze Field.
  • The default docking location for attribute tables is now a configurable application setting.
  • The table menu has been reorganized to group related commands together. For example, the three options for working with contingent values are now grouped together in a submenu.
--- George T.
George_Thompson

Jamal NUMAN‌ here is a screenshot of the functionality:

--- George T.
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks George.

I observed that this command disappears in case of standalone tables!

Is this by design?

Jamal Numan
George_Thompson

That I am not sure of. I would reach out to technical support about this.

--- George T.
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I will make it big just in case  .... Pro 2.5

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Correct. It is 2.5

You screenshot, Dan, is for attribute table. My issue is related to standalone tables

Jamal Numan