Is it possible to upgrade pro to a specific version rather than the latest release listed in the app?

08-31-2020 08:08 AM
TylerLarson
New Contributor III

Note: I added this to Ideas

When updating pro is there an option somewhere to pick what version you would like to upgrade too? I have users that need to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5 but only 2.6 is available for an in app upgrade. 

Doing an uninstall of 2.4 and doing a fresh install of 2.5 is an option but in my organization that is currently a long process and would rather just be able to pick the version to update too rather than be forced to the latest version.

3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

You could download the major version (2.4 / 2.5 / 2.6) that you want to target via My Esri. You could then download the patch level. I would recommend patching to the highest level for the version you are using.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
TylerLarson
New Contributor III

Thanks George, this is essentially the process we currently have to use but with my organization a user needs administrative credentials for a new install like this which can take weeks but we can do in app updates without admin credentials. 

That is why we were hoping there would be the option for selecting which version you want to update to in app rather than having to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. Seems like something Esri would offer.  Should I submit this to the ideas page as an enhancement request?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Tyler - So you are looking to have the ability to select the "updated" version of the ArcGIS Pro software. As long as the version is newer than the current version.

I would say that should be logged on the ArcGIS Idea's site.

--- George T.