Is it possible to install data interoperability for both Arcgis Desktop and Arcgis Pro on the same machine?

10-03-2018 03:37 AM
JeroenWisse
New Contributor

Is it possible to install data interoperability for both Arcgis Desktop and Arcgis Pro on the same machine?

I have tried to install them both and it seems like they override eachother.

First let me start by giving the version numbers:

• Arcgis Desktop 10.5.1 (10.5.7333)
  • Arcgis Data Interoperability 10.5.1 for Desktop (10.5.7333)
  • Arcgis Pro 2.1 (2.1.10257)
  • Data Interoperability 2.1 (2.1.10256)

The following happens when installing Data Interoperability:

First InstallSecond installResult
Data interop for desktopData interop for ProData interop doesn't work for desktop
Data interop for ProData interop for desktopData interop doesn't work for pro

The same will happen when I repair the install, so If i repair data interop for Pro, data interop for desktop stops working and vice versa. In data interop for desktop i get the following script error:

After clicking yes the tool stays empty:

In Arcgis Pro the tool is not empty but it's impossible to browse for the dataset.

Can anyone help me of has anyone an idea how i can fix this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS pro needs the 64 bit version

JeroenWisse
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your help but I have already installed the 64-bit version which I downloaded from my.esri.com

Jeroen

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Jeroen, if you have installed it already, has your administrator enabled the extension for you?

0 Kudos
JeroenWisse
New Contributor

Yes he has. I can run the extension.

The problem is that I can't get the tool to work in both ArcGis Desktop and ArcGis Pro.

They both have theire sperate install but somehow the installations of both versions corrupt each other.

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, yes you can install both but we had an install-order collision requiring a repair install of 10.5.x DI extension if Pro DI was also present.

Provided your issue with Pro isn't that you don't have licensing try a repair install of DI 10.5.1.  The collision was fixed at 10.6.

JeroenWisse
New Contributor

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your help, I tried repairing the 10.5.1 version but after that I could not browse for datasets in DI for pro.

I will try again and see if it works. I'll keep you updated.

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Jeroen you may need to upgrade to 10.6.

0 Kudos