Is it possible to apply a vertical datum transformation to a las dataset (*.lasd)?

Jump to solution
04-05-2018 06:20 AM
RobHodder
New Contributor II

I have a las dataset the uses the NAD83CSRS UTM20 datum; elevations are ellipsoidal. I am trying to transform the data to the CGVD2013 vertical datum, but have been unsuccessful thus far. I have tried setting the output coordinate system to the desired datum in the Create LAS Dataset tool, but the output elevations are still ellipsoidal. Is there a known reason why this isn't working? Is there an alternative way to apply a vertical transformation to a las dataset? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

We don't have any vertical transformations for Canada yet. I hoped to get CGVD2013 in for 10.6.1 / 2.2 but some other projects came up and we haven't been able to get to it.

Melita

View solution in original post

11 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

We don't have any vertical transformations for Canada yet. I hoped to get CGVD2013 in for 10.6.1 / 2.2 but some other projects came up and we haven't been able to get to it.

Melita

RobHodder
New Contributor II

Ok. Thanks very much Melita. Looking forward to being able to perform vertical transformations on LiDAR data!

0 Kudos
ShaneRuljancich
New Contributor

I was wondering if there is any ETA for when CGVD2013 might be added to ArcMap?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Shane, 

It's currently on our list of tasks for ArcGIS 10.7 / Pro 2.3. 

Melita

0 Kudos
KentBuchanan
New Contributor II

Hi Melita, did this come to pass?

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

I am sorry, but it did not. Last year had a few, "Wow, I did not see THAT coming moments," which derailed some of my plans. It's on the list for 2.4/10.7.1. Keep your fingers crossed!

Melita

0 Kudos
ANILREDDY1
New Contributor

hi do you found CGVD2013 prj,we have a task client need output with CGVD2013 can you provide .

prj file.

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

If Natural Resources Canada publish a geoid model in a format that Data Interoperability can consume (like GSB) that extension can be used to directly transform LAS data elevations.

MattWilkie1
Occasional Contributor II