Is it possible to add a scale bar that displays units other than miles or kilometers in ArcGIS Pro 1.3?

Jump to solution
12-12-2016 10:53 AM
MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

I've looked through all the help topics that I can locate on this issue but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Hopefully i'm just simply overlooking something . However if Miles and Kilometers are the only options, does any one know whether or not this will change in version 1.4?

Thanks,

Michael

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You can use a variety of units for your scale bars - Miles, Meters, Points, Inches, Feet and more.  To change the units, select the scale bar to enable the context sensitive ribbon for the scale bar.  Click the DESIGN tab and the Units group, click the drop down for Units and change it to whatever you like.  The scale bar will update.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You can use a variety of units for your scale bars - Miles, Meters, Points, Inches, Feet and more.  To change the units, select the scale bar to enable the context sensitive ribbon for the scale bar.  Click the DESIGN tab and the Units group, click the drop down for Units and change it to whatever you like.  The scale bar will update.

MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

Robert, you are the man. I did not see those extra tabs when when clicking on the scale bar. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Happy to help out!  Enjoy Pro!

0 Kudos
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

Also, once you have a scale bar set up the way you like you can save it to a style. To do that, right-click on the scale bar and select Save to Style.