Is ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing functions are included in ArcGIS Pro 2.6 and later versions?

12-27-2020 12:34 AM
Labels (2)
ThamerTarabzouni
New Contributor III

Hi,  

1- Is ArcGIS Pro 2.6 and later requires the purchase of ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing software extension to have access to these functions and implement LRS networks, or the native ArcGIS Pro 2.6 is equipped will the functionalities, so there is no need to buy the APR software extension?

2- To enable users of an enterprise application to display and work with APR LRS after publishing them using ArcGIS Pro desktop, do I have to install the ArcGIS Linear Referencing for Server? 

Tags (2)
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can check requirements for tools in the help.  For instance

Get started with Pipeline Referencing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Available with Location Referencing license.

Near the title of that link, you can toggle between version 2.6 and 2.7 of arcgis pro

Server's help is in a separate help system

Enabling the linear referencing capability—ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing Server | Documentation for Ar...

... sort of retired...
ThamerTarabzouni
New Contributor III

Hi Pan,

Thank you for the feedback and sharing these links.  I went through them quickly, and also other links referring to ArcGIS  Pro Pipeline Referencing but my questions were about  do I have to purchase the APR extension for the ArcGIS Pro so I can be able to use the LRS Geoprocessing tools or they came impeded as standard tools in  ArcGIS Pro 2.6 & 2.7.   Similarly,  is server extension is needed or it comes bundled with the Enterprise ArcGIS server? 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just check for the locks in ArcToolbox to see .  In my case I don't have any "referencing" extensions, so a lot of functionality is impeded.

location_referencing.png

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos