Introduction and question about ArcGIS Pro hardware requirements.

02-08-2023 10:03 AM
RickSchmidt
New Contributor

Hi all, my name is Rick and I'm new to the community. I used ArcGIS as an archaeological technician with the US Forest Service in the past and I'm now looking to further my education with a GIS certificate.  I'm looking to purchase ArcGIS Pro to take some classes. I want to purchase a computer to support ArcGIS Pro and I wondered if anyone had any recommendations on a computer that is budget friendly that would do the job. I was looking at this https://www.pcliquidations.com/p143689-dell-optiplex-7050-sff but wasn't sure.

Thanks,

Rick 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Hello and welcome, @RickSchmidt!

Consider Esri Community to be your go-to spot for discussing all things GIS — a virtual gathering place where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with the help of members from all around the globe.

Please be sure to check out the following Community-use resources to get you started:

Since your question is ArcGIS Pro specific, I am going to move your post to the ArcGIS Questions Board where it's most likely to be seen by other contributors who can give you some guidance and recommendations on computers most suitable for this product. 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
RickSchmidt
New Contributor

Thanks Brianna! Much appreciated!