Incorrect Acre Calculation Problem

10-05-2020 11:28 AM
AlexandreHughes
New Contributor

I have a geodatabase with polygon features. The Shape_Area field is output in square feet and the conversion of square feet to acres is [ Shape_Area/43560 ]. When using the calculate geometry option I am not getting the acreage output from the formula [ Shape_Area/43560 ].

I have looked at several different articles both here and on the ESRI support pages and I'm not sure where I have gone wrong. Currently I am using the formula output for acreage [ Shape_Area/43560 ] rather than the calculate geometry field and I'm not entirely sure this is the most accurate method or if it's 'right' to use in analysis of these areas.

Arc-Pro:

Formula:

I have of course checked to see if my projection and calculate-geometry are not geodesic.

Calculate Geometry using Current Map Extent:

Map Properties:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrianHall7
New Contributor III

That was a massive bug in a recent update to ArcGIS Pro. I believe it was fixed in a subsequent patch. For starters, make sure you are using the latest version.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Brian is correct.  See BUG-000132660: Incorrect values of the area calculated from the 'Ca.. which was fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.6.1.  Note that patch 2 (2.6.2) is the latest and it is recommended to update to that patch for all fixes.

Thank you, and sorry for any inconvenience that this caused!

0 Kudos