Incomplete Table Joins

02-01-2023 07:12 PM
Labels (2)
BrandonGeorge2
New Contributor

I'm trying to perform a table join in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3, but am running into a very strange bug.

I have employment data at the census tract level that I am trying to aggregate to a higher scale neighborhood level feature class. I ran Tabulate Intersection using the two features, then summarized the result to get the sums of workers in each neighborhood.

However, when I try to join the table with those values back to the original neighborhood data it only joins part of them. That is, records with a neighborhood name past a certain point are joined while those with names earlier in the alphabet are not and have null values. 

BrandonGeorge2_0-1675307073718.png

The key variable for the join was the name field, which was created by the Tabulate Intersection from the original feature and otherwise untouched, so the spellings and field type (both Text of length 64) are identical. Also, nothing was selected when the join was run.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanNeal
Esri Contributor

That's weird.  Have you tried Coping both data tables to a different fileGDB and retrying?  I've seen table indexing get corrupted and do something like this.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

check for trailing spaces in the field names for the unjoined records, this was reported recently as a cause

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos