In ArcMap, when I would open an attribute table of selected records, the record number of the particular record I am on is shown in the bottom left-hand corner of the attribute table. In ArcGis Pro, I don't see a record number.

09-17-2018 12:33 PM
ChrisWilliams8
New Contributor II

In ArcGIS Pro, the attribute table shows the number of selected records but I don't see where it indicates the actual record number that I happen to be on at that particular time.  This is something I use frequently so I'm hoping I'm just missing it somewhere.  Thanks.

14 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Chris,

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing and not seeing?

Do you mean like this number?

ChrisWilliams8
New Contributor II

Here's a couple of screenshots.  The top screenshot shows ArcGIS pro and shows that there are 922 of *2000 selected in my attribute table but it doesn't show the actual record number of the record that is highlighted in yellow.  The bottom screenshot from ArcMap shows an attribute table with 1429 selected of *2000 and to the left shows that record number 16 of that table is "selected" from that table.  That number is what I am trying to see in ArcGis Pro.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting the screenshot. I haven't seen that in Pro either and, like you, I'm not sure if I am just missing it or not. This might be a good case to add to ArcGIS Ideas

0 Kudos
ChrisWilliams8
New Contributor II

Ok, thanks for looking.  I will add it.

0 Kudos
ChrisWilliams8
New Contributor II
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wow, I looked for it but I guess I didn't put in the right search operators. Nice work!

0 Kudos
ChrisWilliams8
New Contributor II

There are several other ideas that are posted that are directly related,  such as typing in the exact record to go to in the table, having the up and down and first and last arrow functionality in that same window.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I must be missing something...

I just scroll over to see the OBJECTID field (or you can shrink the table to fit.)  In your example, you are scrolled over and it hides that field

If you just want to see the selection from the selection, then you can use the Reselect Highlighted from the Highlighted toolbar on the table.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Dan, I think it is a bit hard to explain. Take a close look at Chris's second screenshot. It is from ArcMap and at the bottom of the attribute table, there is a white box with "16" in it. I believe this is what he is referring to - having that kind of functionality.

0 Kudos