In Arcgis "pro" - is there a way to convert labels to annotation for a "single" layer? I only see a tool to convert labels for an entire map.

Jump to solution
12-22-2017 09:37 AM
AliForrester
New Contributor II

I only see a tool to convert labels for an entire map.  I just want to run this for an individual layer.

17 Replies
SterlingLoetz5
New Contributor III

Wendy, thanks for the response. Can you explain what you mean by the geoprcessing cache?

0 Kudos
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

We have had many requests for this functionality and we are working on it.  There is an enhancement request in the system that you can check on through support at any time - ENH-000111854

thanks

wendy

0 Kudos
emmornile1
Occasional Contributor II

Why is this an "Enhancement", isn't this just porting 10.X functionality?

I just want to right click on a featureclass and choose "Convert Labels to Annotation".

As far as speed goes, converting four labels to annotation should not take 2'19"

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Emmor - sorry to hear the conversion process is taking a long time - this should not be the case.  Have you opened a ticket with Esri Support Services to troubleshoot this issue?  I'm hearing that AGP 2.4 will have some additional annotation capabilities to improve the process.

0 Kudos
emmornile1
Occasional Contributor II

Robert,

A performance issue is not going to be solved with Support Services, I spend too much time talking with them as it is.

Emmor

WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Emmor

If contacting support services is not an option could you attach the feature class you're having issues with?  I'd like to take a look at it to see why it's taking so long to convert those 4 labels to annotation.

thanks

Wendy

0 Kudos
deleted-user-yMSQSHvui0e5
New Contributor III

Could someone confirm if this has been addressed in 2.4?

0 Kudos