Import Symbology for one symbol class (Vary Symbology by Attribute)

Jump to solution
10-03-2022 10:52 AM
Labels (1)
Alfred_Baldenweck
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I feel like this should be really easy but it isn't.

I'm trying to vary symbology by attribute, and I want one of the symbols to match a symbol that's found i ArcMap but isn't in Pro (seriously why is Pro missing so many symbols?).

Does anyone know how to import a symbol for just one class?

From Map, I saved the symbol as a lyr and inserted it into Pro, then changed the data source to the layer I want.

However, when I change to vary symbol by attribute, that symbol completely disappears.

If anyone has any tips for this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Probably easiest to create new style in ArcMap and save/copy the symbology you want into the new style file.

Then, in Pro catalog, right click on the ArcMap style file and choose "Import ".

This will import the symbology from the ArcMap style and give you access to them in Pro.

R_

View solution in original post

Alfred_Baldenweck
New Contributor II

I ended up finding this Styles—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation, which showed that I can import the whole thing directly from ArcMap. Again, not sure why Pro is missing so many of these.

Thanks for the response

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Probably easiest to create new style in ArcMap and save/copy the symbology you want into the new style file.

Then, in Pro catalog, right click on the ArcMap style file and choose "Import ".

This will import the symbology from the ArcMap style and give you access to them in Pro.

R_

Alfred_Baldenweck
New Contributor II

I ended up finding this Styles—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation, which showed that I can import the whole thing directly from ArcMap. Again, not sure why Pro is missing so many of these.

Thanks for the response

0 Kudos