I want to find the way in ArcPro how to find the near places depending on an address in a area (city).

06-17-2020 02:53 AM
ErikaSolli1
New Contributor II

My name is Erika,  i would like to get help. I want to find the way in ArcPro how to find the near places depending on an address in a area (city).

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Erika Solli

Have you looked at this tool:

Near—Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you provide an example of what you'd like to find near an address?  Are you trying to something similar to Yelp or similar mobile apps that finds the nearest restaurant to your location?

0 Kudos
ErikaSolli1
New Contributor II

Hi Robert thanks for you answer.  

If I want to find the nearest hospitals for example  to one location whit a given address. I want this to be avaible in another program it as a map,  showing the network too . I would like to know if in the same map can i choose the house that i will go and then the coordinates can be shown in te same map. In this case is because i want  to avoid mistakes where there is no address. 
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay so if I'm following you correctly, you want to do the following:

1. Use ArcGIS Pro (or ArcMap or another Esri application?) to geocode a given address and find the nearest hospital with the best route (network) from the house to the hospital.
  2. With the determined information in Step 1, you want the information to be available in another program that shows the same thing. Question - what is the other program?  Esri?  Non-Esri?
    1. In the other application (to be determined in the above question), you want to click the house to get the coordinates and verify that the coordinates are correct and comparable to the coordinates in Step 1.  Correct?
ErikaSolli1
New Contributor II

Hi,

The other program is Non-Esri., is or own.

2. Is correct in the visualization of the map in own program i would to get the coordinates. Some times if it is a farm, the is only postcodes.

0 Kudos
ErikaSolli1
New Contributor II

Hei, 

2. The other program is our program, and inthis program i would like to get visualization 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I guess the next question is can your non-Esri program read Esri data formats?  Or what data formats does it read?

0 Kudos
ErikaSolli1
New Contributor II

i, oru program is using xmlns men we get information for ArcGis with API and this is for get distanse (soulve route) betwen en pacient and one hospital for exempel. But we would like to in our program we can se the route and the closest hospitals, then we can know and the pasient travel to the closest one. I hope you understand me 🙂

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

For the ArcGIS API, are you using the File Geodatabase API or another?  And the non-Esri application you referred to, is it XMINS MEN?  Or am I'm not interpreting that correctly?  Please advise.

0 Kudos