I've got a problem, i turned my user name in windows

10-02-2018 03:42 AM
EwelinaKanczurska
New Contributor II

I've got a problem, i turned my user name in windows, before I've change my offline mode in ArcGis Pro and now I cannot log into program. I only see "the account cannot be used to authorize Arcgis pro as it has already been configured to used in offline mode on some other device". What should I do? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

did you read the section on checking in an offline license?

Start ArcGIS Pro with a Named User license—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

also, from the FAQ

I'm trying to take my license back online, but the option is unavailable. How do I enable it?

To return an offline license back to your licensing portal, you must be signed in to the organization that checked out the license. On the Project tab, click Portals, find the portal with the gray key symbol (your licensing portal), and right-click it. Click Sign in and provide your credentials. Return to the Licensing page. The Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline check box is enabled. Check the box to return the offline license to your licensing portal, and provide your credentials when prompted.
EwelinaKanczurska
New Contributor II

Thank you Dan for response
I'm on the same machine that I was authorized for offline use, but I can't open program and change licence option, because when I'm logging into Argis, program think my computer is another device... The problem appeared when I changed the windows username in command prompt, until that time everything worked nicely. I changed the name to the previous one, but it does't work
I forgot that I had the offline work enabled... and now I don't know what to do with that.
Is there any solution by the esri website?

Best regards,
Ewelina

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You are best to call Esri support in your area. if you don't have an administrator in your organization that can check things.  (I presume then that you don't belong to one)

EwelinaKanczurska
New Contributor II

Well, I called to ESRI. They solved my problem very fast. I wrote everything what I have done with my windows account name and filled in the form that I got from esri and send .log file. All back to normal, I can still enjoy the program