I need to download and authorize ArcGIS Pro on a new computer.

Jump to solution
08-27-2020 01:57 PM
LonOttosen
New Contributor II

How do I go about installing Pro on a new computer and moving my license to that machine.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

depends on your license type (single, named user, concurrent)

ArcGIS Desktop license types—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

and 

Download, install, and authorize—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
LonOttosen
New Contributor II

Sorry, I have a named user license.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The second link then.  Since you are a named user, then you can download and install it on your new machine from My Esri through your organization.

As a tip... save the *.exe file to disk, run it and it will extract a *.cab and *.msi file... run the *.msi file to do the install.  If you have to move or reinstall, you don't need to go through the download process

... sort of retired...
LonOttosen
New Contributor II

Thank you. I appreciate the help. Have a great day.

0 Kudos
MaggieArdito
Occasional Contributor

I also need to install Pro on a new machine... do I install a trial version and then move the license or what?  Thanks for help.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The downloads for ArcGIS Pro can be found on your MyEsri site through your organization. No need to install a trial if you have the download link available on MyEsri.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Gillian

0 Kudos
LonOttosen
New Contributor II

Thanks..got it going. It certainly wasn't as hard as I anticipated.

MaggieArdito
Occasional Contributor

Once I got past the problem of the download option not showing up on MyEsri it was a snap for me too... after some frustration finally a phone call to customer support said "close the browser and reopen"!  i can't imagine why that worked but it did...  thanks Trina!  

0 Kudos