I'm trying to overwrite a web feature layer, but the publish and analyze button is grayed out (see details below).

08-26-2016 08:36 AM
PhilipWhite1
New Contributor III

I'm trying to overwrite a web layer but the Analyze and Publish buttons are grayed out. The ArcGIS Pro Overwrite Web Layer help page states that you can't overwrite a web layer if you're not signed into the account that owns the layer (I'm signed in), if the new layer is not of the same type (both are web feature layers), and if I have moved the layer on the web while the overwrite pane is open in Pro (I have not). Does anyone know why I'm having this problem? Host settings/configurations are the same on both the new and old layer.

13 Replies
AndrewBernish__MDOT_
New Contributor III

Worked when I moved the feature layer (to be updated) to the root folder in AGOL and renamed it without spaces. I would have not figured this out with GeoNet. 

JohnMarino
New Contributor III

As of September 2018, the original problem still occurs, and the solutions outlined here still work to resolve the problem. In my situation, I renamed the folder to remove spaces, which still did not work. However, after also removing spaces from the feature service name, the "Overwrite Web Layer" tool finally executed as expected. Thanks, all.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-jxpbpbjlZInj
Occasional Contributor

I don't see an update, but has this been resolved? I'm on the most current version of ArcPro (2.1.1) and running into the same issue. Not willing to reorganize my organization's folders to appease the bug. 

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

This would be BUG-000100645 which ESRI considers "Low Priority", sadly. The work around is "Publish the web layer to the ArcGIS online root folder, and once the web layer is published move the folder to an appropriate folder."