I'm getting "Error 000574: Python Not Installed" after upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 2.7

Jump to solution
12-17-2020 06:11 PM
Labels (2)
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I updated my ArcGIS Pro to the latest version today (2.7), and now when I try to do a simple field calculation I get the message "Error 000574: Python Not Installed".

Katherine_Clark_0-1608257472367.png

Is this an issue with the version upgrade, or am I missing something really obvious? I've never had an issue with using Python within Pro before, and I thought it usually came installed by default.

Thanks for any insight 🙂 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

check the project backstage and check to see if you are in the arcgispro_py3 environment and not a clone.

If that isn't the issue, I would suggest a "repair"  (windows add/remove programs, select Arcgis pro, select remove, then you will be given the option to "repair")

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

check the project backstage and check to see if you are in the arcgispro_py3 environment and not a clone.

If that isn't the issue, I would suggest a "repair"  (windows add/remove programs, select Arcgis pro, select remove, then you will be given the option to "repair")

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Dan. I ended up installing Pro from my machine and reinstalling 2.7 through the my.esri.com download, rather than the in-app upgrade option. It seems to be working now.

Definitely seems to be related to this post - wish I'd seen it first! haha

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcpro-2-7-warning-before-upgrading-failed-to-loa...

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A clean install provides the opportunity to get rid of other computer clutter as well 😁.  And renaming the folders in "Users" allows you to try out the install before deleting them.

... sort of retired...
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Good point, I'll remember that in the future! Thanks again!

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos