I experience MANY ArcGIS Pro crashes with every use. It always associated with a simple scrolling through the Contents list of layers. Anyone else experiencing this problem? It is so frustrating to have to save every few seconds and the restart every f

05-24-2019 03:32 AM
LaurieKurilla1
New Contributor III

I always send a report, but that is frustrating too because it takes so long.  I am a longtime user and avid supporter of ESRI so this is disappointing and seemingly unusual for such a good company.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Never experienced this.

If this happened recently or after a version update, or within a particular project, your installation may be in need of a "repair".  Windows Control Panel, Add remove programs  choose "Repair"

If it happens within a particular project, start a new project and add your data one at a time and check for this behaviour.  If it happens with one dataset, then your data may be corrupt and in need of a repair.

In any event, you need to track down the source of your problem

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Laurie, I apologize that you're experiencing crashes in ArcGIS Pro.  It's great that you're submitting the error reports - have you been including an email address with those?  If you could share the email address (or even just the domain like @esri.com) it would allow me to search for it.  Currently, I'm not able to find any associated crash reports by just using your name.  

This blog provides some background about how the process works: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/announcements/arcgis-desktop-error-reporter-lea...

If you included an email address, provide something that I can search on to find the crashes.  Otherwise, you can attach them here and we can analyze them.  However, whenever you're experiencing consistent crashing in any Esri software, it would be best to contact technical support.  https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

Stay in touch - we want to help!

0 Kudos