I cannot upload layers from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online.

06-17-2022 10:01 AM
Labels (2)
nicofierrov
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I am just setting up an academic account for up to 5 users of ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online and I just realized that whenever I try to upload something from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online the process fails.

I don't know if this is a problem, but I have a personal ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online account, which has no such problem.

I will leave the logs of the problem and some images, I remain attentive to your comments.

Best regards, Nicolas.

Error_log.JPG

Failed_Publish.JPG

Portals.JPG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeorajRamsaran4
New Contributor III

I remember having an issue that was very similar. Are you trying to share the item as a web layer only or a web map. I remember once I placed all the layers in a map I was able to publish the hosted feature layers in a web Map. Not sure if this will work. I also updated the version of pro I had on my machine. 

Deoraj Ramsaran
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A couple of things to check.

1. User Type and Role. Login to your ArcGIS Online account from a web browser (www.arcgis.com). Ensure User Type is either Creator or GIS Professional. Role is either Publisher, Facilitator or Administrator.

2. In ArcGIS Pro, sign-out from the ArcGIS Online account > Restart ArcGIS Pro > Sign-in again.

Try publishing the layer once again.

In case the issue still persists, please share more details/ screenshot(s) about the tool parameters and layer details.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DeorajRamsaran4
New Contributor III

Ok now I remember the account I was using didn't have the right privileges. If you are an admin you can easily change those. Usually you need to have creator and publishing rights at a minimum per JayantaPoddar. Hope it works! 

Deoraj Ramsaran
0 Kudos