How to set the coordinates for the shap file?

05-28-2017 11:32 AM
chengchao
New Contributor

Using with ArcCateLog tools convert the cad dwg file into shap file.

Now we can know the longitude and latitude of ten points on the cad dwg file,how to set the coordinate of shap file?
We should publish the shap file data as restful webservice.

I use Arc MAP 10.4.1 and Arc Server 10.4.1.
We can know the longitude and latitude of ten points on the cad dwg file,is that say we know about real coordinates?
But,how we can get a real projection system use the ten points on the cad dwg file?
Is there some examples to reference????

1.The shp file which is converted from cad file.
2.The png file with ten points on which is printed from cad file.The longitude and latitude is signed by hand on the png with Photoshop.
Can we use the map matching tools?
Using png file to match shp file,is it feasible?

Can I sign the longitude and latitude of ten points to dwg file directly???
Whether the shapefile will carry with the longitude and latitude when convert from dwg file???
Whether it need install plug-in for autoCAD in order to sign the longitude and latitude of ten points to dwg file directly.
The

I just have a cad dwg file and a txt text file.
In the text file has recorded longitude and latitude of ten points which have signed on the dwg file.

In a word ,the fundamental goal is set  longitude and latitude on shapefile with known ten geography points.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

It is better if you tell us your program and your version.

but at all :

For Arc GIS Pro use Define Projection tool. Define Projection—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

For Arc MAP use Define Projection tool.  Define Projection—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
chengchao
New Contributor

First of all,master thank you very much.
I use Arc MAP 10.4.1 and Arc Server 10.4.1.
We can know the longitude and latitude of ten points on the cad dwg file,is that say we know about real coordinates?
But,how we can get a real projection system use the ten points on the cad dwg file?

Think differently,I have two pictures actually.
2.The png file with ten points on which is printed from cad file.The longitude and latitude is signed by hand on the png with Photoshop.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Then use the Define projection tool in the Data Management, Projections and Transformations toolset in ArcToolbox.  It is the same in 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5 (and maybe older).

0 Kudos
chengchao
New Contributor

Master, thank you very much.

Think differently,I have two pictures actually.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Sounds like you want to Georeference an image to real world coordinates using common location in both files.

0 Kudos
chengchao
New Contributor

Thank you very much,master.

Whether the shapefile will carry with the longitude and latitude when convert from dwg file???
Whether it need install plug-in for autoCAD in order to sign the longitude and latitude of ten points to dwg file directly.
The purpose is to set longitude and latitude on shapefile,not the png img grid file.  We should use png grid file to match shp file,not shp file match png grid file.

In the text file has recorded longitude and latitude of ten points which have signed on the dwg file.

In a word ,the fundamental goal is set  longitude and latitude on shapefile with known ten geography points.

Thank you...

0 Kudos
chengchao
New Contributor

The purpose is to set longitude and latitude on shapefile,not the png img grid file.  We should use png grid file to match shp file,not shp file match png grid file.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I a projection doesn't work... then look for 

Spatial Adjustment