How to remove Portal locators

07-06-2022 05:49 AM
Labels (1)
SeanSummers_CC
New Contributor III

We recently upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.  When I go to the "Locate" tab, I now have a bunch of locators listed that I did not add to my project and I have no way of getting rid of.  They look like they come from my organization's portal because of the cloud icon. I know you can't get rid of the "ArcGIS World Geocoding Service" but I have the other five I don't want. Yes, I can turn them off (disable) and even move them to the bottom of the list.  But why are they there in the first place? And why can't I remove them?  The delete "X" is grayed out so no luck there.  Anybody have any suggestions?

SeanSummers_CC_0-1657111500906.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need to go into your organization settings on AGOL / Portal to remove them. Just go to your-portal-url/home/organization.html?tab=utilityServices#settings.

jcarlson_0-1657116919961.png

From there you can remove individual locators.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
SeanSummers_CC
New Contributor III

That would remove the locators from our Organization, and I am sure I would have many unhappy people that still use them.  I am only interested in removing them from my Desktop project.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I see! Sorry, I misunderstood.

Unfortunately, you're pretty much stuck with them as long as you're signed into your org. As you note, you'd need to go into the Locatsettings and disable them for each project.

If you routinely find yourself doing this, you could create a project template that already has the locate settings configured, but that's about all I can think of. Perhaps someone else on here has more insight into this, though.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos