how to remove ArcGIS Pro recent projects from the start menu?

Jump to solution
04-22-2015 01:25 PM
GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

quick question...do you guys know how to clean-up/ remove the recent projects from the start menu?

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaximPastchenko
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Currently, there is no UI in application, which allows to reset user settings to defaults.  This is something that our application framework team is considering for future release.

Here is a workaround to achieve this:

Browse to the following location on your machine

%localappdata%\ESRI\

- Inside that folder, you will find a folder named similar to this:

\ArcGISPro.exe_Url_1jclabdb3g2held3u2vfbbtsyiwtjlkq\

There should be subfolder folder there called:

\11.0.0.0\

There will you find file:   user.config

Once you delete this file, application will re-create it upon next start.  List of recent project should now be empty.

Max

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MaximPastchenko
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Currently, there is no UI in application, which allows to reset user settings to defaults.  This is something that our application framework team is considering for future release.

Here is a workaround to achieve this:

Browse to the following location on your machine

%localappdata%\ESRI\

- Inside that folder, you will find a folder named similar to this:

\ArcGISPro.exe_Url_1jclabdb3g2held3u2vfbbtsyiwtjlkq\

There should be subfolder folder there called:

\11.0.0.0\

There will you find file:   user.config

Once you delete this file, application will re-create it upon next start.  List of recent project should now be empty.

Max

GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

It works! thanks!

FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

Folder structure has changed slightly for more recent versions.

For my Pro installation the user.config file is in:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\ArcGISPro.exe_StrongName_yhpsrysqpn4fvmb0spwbakt5o5e50din\2.8.0.0

0 Kudos
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a good workaround, but there should certainly be a simple button in the UI that accomplishes the same thing. 

A 'clear recent projects', or a right click to remove selected projects would be very useful.

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

Agree! to have this feature implemented check out the following link and vote for this idea:

ArcGIS Idea - ArcGIS Pro: clear recently opened projects

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I am using version 2.1.2 and if I delete a project, ArcPro tells me that the project cannot be found and then asks if I want to remove the project from the recent projects list.  Not sure if a prompt like this was available back in version 1.x.

Maybe in the config file user.config that is alluded to in this post a time stamp could be added for the save date of the aprx.  Then with this information you could write a startup script that could remove the reference to any aprx with a save date greater than some time frame so the list of projects does not include projects you have not worked on in awhile.

0 Kudos
JeffWard1
Occasional Contributor

You can now remove projects in the Recent Projects list by right clicking each one and selecting "Remove from list".

0 Kudos