How to pass errors from a custom script into tasks?

07-01-2016 03:55 PM
KevinSatterberg
New Contributor II

Hi all,

First off I love Pro, especially tasks. Secondly, I have a task set up for editing street data and automatically calculating multiple of the fields. I added some error messages to the script to warn me when a selection is too large to continue, but I can't seem to get the error messages to pass through and be visible in the task. When I just run the tool I can see the error messages, but when I run it through the task I cant see the error. Non custom tools are giving me errors when they fail. Does anyone have experience with custom scripts used in tasks and if so how did you handle error messages? Any help would be appreciated I can't seem to find anything on this topic and I don't want to open up one of the tools provided by esri and pick it apart until I find what they do to pass errors.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Kevin,

It would be great to open a case with technical support. This will help the development team better understand the issue.

I assume you are using arcpy.AddMessage(...) and that the display area for the GP tool cannot be expanded to see the error message - can you please confirm?

Thanks,

Amir

0 Kudos