How to override existing anaconda install?

Jump to solution
11-21-2018 08:56 AM
JasonCarter1
New Contributor III

Hi,

Before installing ArcGIS Pro, I had an anaconda installation on my machine. Every time I open the command prompt and try to open a conda environment to use ArcPy, it does not activate conda in the ArcGIS directory.

How can I set up my machine so when I type "conda" in the command prompt I am using the ArcGIS Pro install so I can easily run stand-alone python scripts with ArcGIS?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The ArcGIS Pro installer creates several Start Menu shortcuts.  The one named "Python Command Prompt" launches a Windows Command Prompt with Conda already activated to the base Pro environment (arcgispro-py3).  If you hit the Windows key and type Python, the shortcuts will likely show up as best matches:

Using Esri's provided shortcuts allow you to have another conda installation that behaves as you would expect versus Esri globbering all of the environment variables and making itself the primary conda environment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Not sure if this is what you're looking for: ArcGIS Pro 2.2.3 as a replace of Anaconda distribution ? 

More info here:  /blogs/dan_patterson/2016/07/17/anaconda-spyder-and-arcgis-pro 

there may be more for you:  I just used the search tool for anaconda

That should just about do it....
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The ArcGIS Pro installer creates several Start Menu shortcuts.  The one named "Python Command Prompt" launches a Windows Command Prompt with Conda already activated to the base Pro environment (arcgispro-py3).  If you hit the Windows key and type Python, the shortcuts will likely show up as best matches:

Using Esri's provided shortcuts allow you to have another conda installation that behaves as you would expect versus Esri globbering all of the environment variables and making itself the primary conda environment.