How to find a feature in feature class in ArcGIS pro?

Jump to solution
06-22-2020 04:19 PM
ZanaCameron
New Contributor II

Hi ArcGIS Pro experts,

I want to give another chance to ArcGIS Pro. In ArcMap, I use the Find tool from Map Inquiry tool set frequently. It takes less than one second for the tool to find one parcel out of 250,000 features that I have in my Parcels feature class. The Locate tool in ArcGIS pro, with all settings and filters applied, the same task takes several minutes to be done. Select by Attribute is also very slow. I was wondering if there is another way to find a feature in a feature class faster. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ZanaCameron
New Contributor II

I guess that's right. I'm on VPN and there is a big chance somewhere in our internal net something is not running well, or there are some intentionally slowing down in the net to address security concerns. 

I couldn't find the problem with object 264826, because basically I don't have it in the feature class. Something strange is going on here!

0 Kudos
ZanaCameron
New Contributor II

Update

I just upgraded to Pro 2.5. It has a Find tool that in my case, is much faster than the Locate tool. 

From Project> Options open User Interface. Open the attribute table and push Ctrl + F to open the Find tool.

Also see this video: What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.5—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Zana:

Is the Find tool available in a dropdown menu or is it just available by hitting Ctrl + F when in the attribute table?

0 Kudos
ZanaCameron
New Contributor II

I'm not sure if you can find it in a drop down menu. In the video they only mention to the Ctrl + F keys.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Michael Volz‌  :  Hamburger stack upper right of the table pane.  Highlight the field you want to search:

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos