Select to view content in your preferred language

How to display same color scale for different layers

03-09-2024 11:09 AM
plumbdog
New Contributor

Software version: ArcGIS Pro 3.2

I have multiple tiff files added onto a "Scene".  Each tiff file is 2-D layer. The minimum value for each tiff data set is 0.  The maximum value varies between 5.4 and 8.1.

I need to ensure my color ramps (the color range corresponding to values) matches value to value across all my layers.  The problem I'm facing is that because the value range of each layer is slightly different, the Symbology section seems to be preventing me from manually configuring the step size and number of steps for the color ramp.  Is there a way around this or a solution?

For example, when I select "Classify" for the "Primary symbology" section, I can select the "Manual Interval" option for the "Method".  But as I begin to manually type in the step size, like 0-.5, .5-1, 1-1.5, etc., eventually it automatically adjusts the "Classes" number.  Ideally, I want my color ramp to step in increments of .5 for 17 increments. Some of the layers would have a maximum that is less than the "highest color" (as a manner of speaking) on the colorbar.  

The colorbar range needs to be the same for all the layers, even though the layers have varying maximum values. 

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SeaRM
by
New Contributor III

6-7 ago I also ran into this kind of problems, but in ArcMap. I used the colormap files .clr. It can be edited in a text editor and used for different rasters. I saw a colormap as a single alternative.

0 Kudos