How to define units of measure used for a raster layer in ArcGISPro using the standard ISO 19115-3 XML metadata style?

03-31-2021 03:36 AM
RehanChaudhary
Occasional Contributor

i have set my metadata style to the above mentioned style in options in ArcGIS Pro before starting my project. Now i have imported multiple raster layers under my map document and each one has different units of measure and different metadata fields to be filled. When i go to the Catalog Pane for filling the metadata, i get the complete view and certain fields but its for the complete document and it does not shows any field for filling in "units of measure".

How can i assign in the metadata which units of measure have been used for a specific layer using this metadata style and hoe can i define metadata for individual layers?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is this the documentation you have been following?

Create ISO 19115 and ISO 19139 metadata—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
RehanChaudhary
Occasional Contributor

@DanPatterson no i am using the below mentioned tutorial but if they are outdated then how can i fill up the metadata and achieve the tasks mentioned in my question. those are most important for me

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@RehanChaudhary in your link there is a statement

You cannot create complete ISO 19115-1 metadata in the current version of ArcGIS Pro.

If your item happens to be one of them, then you might have to wait until the ArcGIS Pro version goes forward.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos