How to add multiple layers to a map without overriding the base map?

Jump to solution
01-09-2021 09:45 PM
x_d
by
New Contributor III

I need a map with the basemap of topographic and NZ LINZ topographic layer, but when i add the NZ LINZ layer to the topographic base map, the base map of world map get overridden by the layer and only New Zealand map is showing and other parts are are not showing. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One way to have multiple basemaps added to your Map View is to go to the Catalog pane to search/add them to your Contents Pane.  For example, in the Catalog Pane, I clicked Portal followed by Living Atlas.  In the Living Atlas I used the filter to only show Basemaps and then selected/added one to my Map View.  Now I have 2 basemaps in one Map View.  I would think a similar workflow would work for you by navigating where your NZ LINZ topographic layer is stored. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One way to have multiple basemaps added to your Map View is to go to the Catalog pane to search/add them to your Contents Pane.  For example, in the Catalog Pane, I clicked Portal followed by Living Atlas.  In the Living Atlas I used the filter to only show Basemaps and then selected/added one to my Map View.  Now I have 2 basemaps in one Map View.  I would think a similar workflow would work for you by navigating where your NZ LINZ topographic layer is stored. Hope this helps!