How to add more geotagged photos to a photos/points layer

Jump to solution
02-13-2021 02:41 PM
Labels (1)
GlenShennan
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using ArcPro Standard 2.7.0 on Win64 (not that I think it matters in this case.)

I have a layer of geotagged photos as points. I've taken more photos that I want to add to the same layer. When I use the tool "Geotagged Photos to Points" with the current layer name it doesn't add the new photos, it overwrites the whole layer. Is there a way to add more photos to these layers? I can put the photos in subfolders and add the whole subfolder each time but this is kind of clunky and I'm worried it will cause problems later when I update symbology, attribute table etc.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I've got no idea about this tool if I'm honest, but can you just create a new feature class using that tool then merge or append (appreciate attachments and stuff are not necessarily simple beasts, but just throwing it out there)?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I've got no idea about this tool if I'm honest, but can you just create a new feature class using that tool then merge or append (appreciate attachments and stuff are not necessarily simple beasts, but just throwing it out there)?

GlenShennan
New Contributor III

Yup, that worked! Symbology and extra attributes handled no problem. Thanks!