How to add geodatabase feature in ArcGIS Pro that located OUTSIDE of the project file

11-13-2018 11:51 AM
KennethFung
New Contributor II

I am new to ArcGIS Pro and attempt to start some new project in that platform. I create a project and want to add existing data to it. Somehow when I click "Add Data" under Map ribbon and navigate the folders, only the shapefiles are available for me to add, but not geodatabase features. 

In other words, how to add a geodatabase feature that located OUTSIDE of the project gdb? In ArcMap, both features and shapefiles are treated the same but it appears different in ArcGIS Pro. Did I miss some steps? Do I need to connect the project gdb with another gdb in order to get that feature data? Thanks!

Ken

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kenneth,

Add the folder connection that the File geodatabase resides in to your Project by right-clicking on Folders in the Catalog window > Add Folder Connection.  You should then be able to add data from this File Geodatabase

KennethFung
New Contributor II

Thanks. I notice that the feature I intend to add is from a personal Geodatabase. Is that work for ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, Personal Geodatabases are not supported in Pro:

001324: Personal Geodatabases are not supported in 64-bit versions of ArcGIS.—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

You can promote this idea on the Ideas page:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/12662 

KennethFung
New Contributor II

Nevermind I can convert them into File geodatabase, or simply use the shapefile version since I have both. Thanks again to let me aware of that.

Ken

0 Kudos