How do you edit or add vertices to grahic line in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
03-29-2020 10:50 AM
RandyMcGregor1
New Contributor III

When I select a graphic line in a layout, I do not see an "Edit Vertices" option. I think I should:

Any idea what I might be missing?

Thank you, 

Randy McGregor

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Randy, 

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?  Vertex editing of layout graphics and text is new at version 2.5 (see What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.5—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation ). If you have 2.5 you may be running into a bug. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at Esri Support Contact Support .

Hope this helps, 

Tom

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

according to

Modify graphics and text—Layouts | Documentation 

To edit vertices, select a graphic on the layout or in the Contents pane. On the Format tab, click Edit Vertices Vertices. You can also right-click and choose Edit Vertices Vertices from the context menu. The layout switches to editing mode and the vertices of the graphic appear. The vertices toolbar also appears with the following options:

RandyMcGregor1
New Contributor III

Thank you Dan,

When I do that, there is no "Edit Vertices" option available in the context menu or in the format tab. This is with a graphic line selected.

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor1
New Contributor III

Pictures don't display for some reason. It was an image of  the format tab with no edit vertices option.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

sorry... I don't have any layouts to mess with

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Randy, 

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?  Vertex editing of layout graphics and text is new at version 2.5 (see What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.5—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation ). If you have 2.5 you may be running into a bug. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at Esri Support Contact Support .

Hope this helps, 

Tom

RandyMcGregor1
New Contributor III

Thank you very much. That was it. I got the personal use license about 9 months ago, so I didn't consider the possibility that such a rudimentary functionality required an upgrade. I appreciate it.

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Tom and Dan are both providing good information here.  This became available in ArcGIS Pro 2.5, so that is the first thing to check: Project > About

Edit Vertices should appear in the right-click context menu from the Contents pane or from right-clicking the element itself in the layout.

If it isn't, tech support is probably the next step!