Select to view content in your preferred language

How do you display popups configured in Pro with expressions in a webmap?

04-06-2018 03:25 PM
AngelaDeegan
Occasional Contributor

I read in Author a Webmap that "You can define pop-ups in ArcGIS Pro for all web feature layers so that when shared, the pop-ups are already configured." However, I configured a popup in Pro with two expressions (highlighted below) and neither the label nor the values are showing up correctly in the webmap. 

Popup with expressions in Pro - how it appears in webmap

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AngelaDeegan1
New Contributor II

I opened a Case and thought I'd let you know the outcome. Support said that this won't work in versions of Portal older than 10.6. (We have Portal 10.5.1 installed.)

AngelaDeegan
Occasional Contributor

Xander Bakker We're now on Portal 10.6 and are able to able to configure Popups in Pro (I'm on version 4.2.3) and have them propagate to our Portal. 

However in custom attributes in the popups, the Arcade TextFormatting.NewLine works fine in Pro but doesn't seem to be honored in Portal. Do you know of any fix for this? Is it a known bug?Shows a Popup in Pro that uses a Custom Exp with newlines and the Popup in Portal not honoring the newlines.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Angela Deegan ,

If you are on Portal 10.6, it means that you are using Arcade versión 1.2 (see: Version Matrix | ArcGIS for Developers ). I'm not sure what versión of Pro you are using (4.2.3 does not exist, current versión is 2.5), but you may have a different version of Arcade in Pro than you have in Enterprise. What I deduce from the screenshots it that WATER should be on the second line, but the web map does not do that in the pop-up. This is something that would normally work in the web map, but I guess you are running into a limitation caused by the version of Enterprise you are using. Best recommendation would be to update Enterprise (current version is 10.8), but that is normally easier said than done.

AngelaDeegan
Occasional Contributor

You deduced correctly, Xander. Thanks for the recommendation.Gavin Runyon Quince Lunde Rebecca Vanegas

0 Kudos