How do I sum the values in a field in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
02-13-2015 09:57 AM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

I want to select a field in a table within ArcGIS Pro and get a quick look at the summation of all the values for all the selected records for that field.  For example, I have a field called "acres".  I want to select various features in the map, open the attribute table, show only the selected records, go to the "acres" field and see a summed up value for the acreage for those selected records.

Thanks for any help.

24 Replies
JuliaBalakirova1
New Contributor III

there does not seem to be a resolution yet. Is there? I am in  2.7 and I still get a table created with multiple records instead of just one fixed sum. Anybody else had a progress with this that you can share?

nkobel
by
New Contributor

Yeah this is very annoying. This thread talks about your question (you must right click your data in the TOC to create a histogram chart), but for me I can't get my selection to be differentiated from my dataset.

nkobel_1-1617332024701.png

rgmingo
New Contributor II

All you need to do is open the chart properties pane

rgmingo_0-1644003376830.png

BrendanQuirk
New Contributor

I just upgraded to 3.0 and when I clicked statistics to get a chart, the chart properties window looks different now and I can't just see the "sum of selected features" like I used to. It is extremely useful! Anybody know how to access that in 3.0?

Untitled.png

ErikTownsend
New Contributor II

I dont see where that functionality was added either.  You still have to create another statistics table in the map and I cant seem to get the area totals to go past 1 decimal point on the report.  Perhaps this topic is too old as none of the links for votes or help are valid.  Would appreciate it if anyone had a solution.

Time to open up Arcmap again I guess....

GordondeSouza
New Contributor

Have you found a solution to getting more than 1 decimal place on the statistics report?

0 Kudos
SamDearing
New Contributor

I found that when right clicking on the field, if I choose "statistics" instead of "calculate field," the chart properties pane will come up on the right side and show you multiple outputs, including the sum.

SamDearing_0-1639600885480.png

jdag03
by
New Contributor

Yes!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
KimMamaradlo
New Contributor

Perfect!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
GeorgeBrown1
New Contributor III

Have tried about everything within this thread and still unable to get a Sum (total population of Census blocks within a specific police zone). After about an hour of trying suggestions, I ended up just using the Edit In Excel option from a right click on that census block selection and in seconds I had the total 2020 population.

Not sure why this is not possible in AGP??