How do I solve this error: Service layer has a different projection than the map's projection

Jump to solution
06-05-2019 01:04 PM
LynneSabourin
New Contributor

Hi, I am very new to ArcGIS Pro and I am trying to share a map I've made to my organization. I keep getting the error message 00230, which says "Service layer has a different projection than the map's projection" and when I click for further details, the basemap is being indicated as the layer with a different projection.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
7 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LynneSabourin
New Contributor

Yes, but I don't know what this means: "use the provided default solution to automatically change the projection of your map or scene to match the projection of your basemap."

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

LynneSabourin
New Contributor

When I hover the mouse over them, my error messages don't have the option to click ellipses for more information.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? (Go to the Project tab to get to the Settings and then go to the About tab)

Even without the ellipsis, you can just open the Map Properties to get to that dialog:

0 Kudos
LynneSabourin
New Contributor

I am now using a different computer that has a newer version of ArcGIS Pro. I was able to share the map by making the changes to the projection. However, now I am having an issue with all of the data uploading to the online map. I created this map so I could share it with other people. I made 128 notes on the map using the point tool. When I uploaded the map the attribute table for all of the points is there, but the points are not showing up on the map. They appear in the content and the legend, but not actually on the map itself. I've tried zooming in and out to see if it's a visibility range issue, but that does not seem to be the case.

0 Kudos
KhadichabegimNaymanova
New Contributor

I have the same problem, but I want my layers in a different projection than the default one. Is there any way to change the basemap projection instead?