How do I set the data path of a project package?

06-07-2023 03:49 PM
Labels (2)
EliChen
New Contributor

Version: ArcGIS Pro 3.1

Problem: The project package does not properly set the path for layers that link to a .grib file.

Hi, I am trying to share my project via a project package, the creation of the package is good, I am able to use my desktop to create it with no warning, and the package is created on my local machine without any error. However, when I try to open it with my laptop, all the layers have a yellow exclamation mark beside them and read "click to fix data source" when hovering over it. Upon further inspection, it seems like the data source path is set to the same one as I have on my desktop. The .grib data source file is packaged along with the project package, my current solution is to manually set the paths to the source files myself, but as the amount of layers in my project grows, this process will soon become too tedious. What is the solution? Am I making the project package incorrectly?

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Package Project (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Did you package it to share outside your organization? (which could mean your machine if you don't use the exact folder structure on a different machine, for organizations of size 1)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
EliChen
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for replying.

checking the share outside your organization box does change the package a little bit, however, it didn't fix my problem. Checking the box fixes the path issue and now when I open the package, each layer is referring to the correct path for data, however, the orange exclamation mark is still present. I don't know why it would be because the path is correct. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

however over the ! mark since there should be a "warning" not and "error"

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos