How do I set "Distance Factor" Ground to Grid correction in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
02-03-2019 03:06 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey, 

When using ArcMap Desktop I used to be able to go into edit | options, and the distance factor box is visible:

@

This is usually set as when I am keying in a subdivisions linework, the surveyor sets a scale factor to be applied. This is the process I used to use in desktop:

Now I am using ArcGIS Pro, how do I do modify this distance factor? I am having a hard time finding where to do this. I have worked out how to use the Traverse tool in Pro:

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ben,

On the Edit tab, there should be a Ground to Grid section with a dropdown to enter the offset and factor:

Clicking on the icon just above the dropdown enables the correction.

There's more on the Ground to Grid settings here:

Turn ground to grid corrections on or off—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Is that what you were looking for?

Best,

-Lauren

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ben,

On the Edit tab, there should be a Ground to Grid section with a dropdown to enter the offset and factor:

Clicking on the icon just above the dropdown enables the correction.

There's more on the Ground to Grid settings here:

Turn ground to grid corrections on or off—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Is that what you were looking for?

Best,

-Lauren

BenVan_Kesteren1

Hi Lauren, it seems as at version 2.2.3 this was not available, I am updating now to 2.3, ill see how this goes!

Cheers

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi Ben,

The Ground to Grid correction functionality is new and was released with ArcGIS Pro 2.3. To learn about the other new editing functionality see the What's New in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 document in the Data Management section under the sub-heading Edit Data.

-Tim

BenVan_Kesteren1

Thanks for pointing this out, yes I am at v2.2.3, updating to 2.3 now! Cheers

0 Kudos
WendyAmy
New Contributor

Is the distance factor (if set) applied to simple "Create lines from distance and bearing" workflows

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi Wendy,

Yes this functionality will apply the scale factor to the typed /entered values in the constraint dialogs such as Direction/Distance. The resulting geometry will be affected by these corrections.

-Tim