How do I make the Bookmark map series option available in ArcPro?

09-02-2020 09:26 AM
KimWilliams1
New Contributor

I am trying to create a map series in ArcPro but I need each page to be at a different scale and orientation. I have created the pages spatially and then customized the scale and orientation of each page and created a bookmark for each. It is my understanding that I should be able to create a map series now from those bookmarks but this option doesn't appear for me. 'None' and 'Spatial' are the only options that appear in the map series drop down. I have even tried inserting a new layout and these are still the only options available under map series. Can someone tell me how to make the bookmark map series an available option?

Thank you in advance,

Kim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KatieHansen_NIFCAdmin
New Contributor III

Hi Kim, I found this in another thread while I looked for the answer to this:

"This is implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.6.  See 9:31 in the video Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.6 - YouTube 

And Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.6: A Large Gathering wraps up all of the other ideas included."

0 Kudos
NathaliePion
New Contributor

Hi Katie, I have the same issue as Kim. The 'Bookmark' map series isn't showing as an option in the map series tab. I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.4. I've looked at the links but can't find an answer. Am I missing it? Thanks.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathalie, 

As Katie states above, Bookmark Map Series was introduced with ArcGIS Pro version 2.6. It is not available with versions previous to 2.6. Are you able to upgrade to 2.6? If so, you should then have access to Bookmark Map Series functionality.

Hope this helps, 

Tom