How do I load images into the attribute table of a feature class using ArcGIS Pro?

06-08-2017 06:24 AM
ClaudiaVila2
New Contributor

I am trying to load images into the attribute table. I created a new field in the table and set the field type to Raster. Yet for some reason, there doesn't seem to be an option to actually load the field with images. Later, I tried in ArcMap and I was successful, but when I pulled the feature class back into ArcGIS Pro, the photos wouldn't appear in the pop-ups. 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Claudia,

You can select the feature and then click on 'Attributes' under the Edit ribbon.  In the Attributes pane you can add an image there by click the +:

0 Kudos
ClaudiaVila2
New Contributor

Thanks so much- I tried that and I was able to add the image, however I still can't see the image in the pop-up. Is there another place where the image is supposed to be viewed? 

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

I would recommend working with attachments.  This will allow you to view the attached image in a pop-up:

ClaudiaVila2
New Contributor

If I upload the layer to ArcGIS Online, will the photos still be visible? 

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Not in the pop-up, but there's a tool you can use to do enable this:

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-7445 

ChrisCatania
Esri Community Team

Hi Claudia - Thanks for asking your questions and welcome to the GeoNet community! I wanted to let you know that we're moving your question to the ArcGIS Pro space so our Esri and user subject matter experts can further help answer this and future questions.  So you're aware on how and where to post your questions, here's a few quick tips and reminders:

• First, use the GeoNet search (top right corner by your profile icon) to search and see if your question has already by asked/answered previously.

Thanks again for contributing and I hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions.

Esri Community Strategist