How do I install ArcPro silently for a single use license?

09-10-2019 12:46 PM
TomHoober
New Contributor II

Here is my code for a batch file for my team:

msiexec.exe /i %INSTALL%\ArcPro%PRONEW%\ArcGISPro\ArcGISPro.msi ALLUSERS=1 SOFTWARE_CLASS=Viewer AUTHORIZATION_TYPE=SINGLE_USE LOCK_AUTH_SETTINGS=False BLOCKADDINS=0 ENABLEEUEI=0 /qb

I have looked at this Localized and silent install options—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 
and everything seems properly configured?

Every time this is run it will install but then people get stuck in the Licensing window. It has a grayed out option and says "This functionality is not available without the ArcGIS Pro Licensing Service being installed". We have single use licenses not a concurrent license server.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Single Use licensing for per-machine installs

Install setup

msiexec.exe /i <Path to msi> /qb ALLUSERS=1 SOFTWARE_CLASS=Professional AUTHORIZATION_TYPE=SINGLE_USE

Authorize product

%ProgramFiles%\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\SoftwareAuthorizationPro.exe"/LIF <Location of prvc> /s /Ver 10.6

In your case, just remove the LOCK_AUTH_SETTING switch.  The feature is strictly for Concurrent Use install option.  

0 Kudos
TomHoober
New Contributor II

Don't have prvcs. The lock authorization has to do with computer wide installations. If you don't disable it local users can't run the authorization at all. What i want is the installation to run then when a user first opens the application the authorization to pop up. Can I just envoke the SoftwareAuthorizationPro.exe in a silent install? Without prvc set.

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Tom,

You are correct.  A silent install of ArcGIS Pro Single Use automatically turn on LOCK_AUTH_SETTING which means Pro will look to the licensing setting in HKLM and copy it to the HKCU registry hive and open with that setting.  However, it prevents you from switching to other licensing type and even authorization/deauthorization.  The assumption is that the administrator should complete the software authorization along with the silent install.  

In your case, you just want the install and then authorize it separately.  Is this because you don't have the licenses yet or  you don't have the provisioning file?  If the latter, you can create your own provisioning file which is just a text file.  Just copy the following into a text editor and save it as .prvc file.  You will need to supply your information and the authorization number for the Basic license of course.  

// User Information
First Name=ESRI
Last Name=Employee
Organization=ESRI
Department=Dev
Email=abcde@esri.com
Address 1=380 New York St.
City=Redlands
State/Province=CA
Location=United States
Location Code=US
Zip/Postal Code=92373
Phone Number=909-793-2853
Your Organization=Commercial/Private Business
Your Industry=Other
Yourself=Other

// Features and authorization numbers
Desktop Basic=ESU123456789

If this is not an option for you, then yes you can run the Software Authorization wizard from the ArcGIS Pro installation directory.  However, you will still need to provide all the information above manually.  

0 Kudos
TomHoober
New Contributor II

My goal is to set up an automated script that each user can use to update their software to versions I preset and download. We don't have those prvcs and only a subset of the people running the script will need to update or newly install pro. I can't really predict that. However, they all know where they can find licenses so if they choose to install/update they can manually run the authorization.

So if i run

msiexec.exe /i %INSTALL%\ArcPro%PRONEW%\ArcGISPro\ArcGISPro.msi ALLUSERS=1 SOFTWARE_CLASS=Viewer AUTHORIZATION_TYPE=SINGLE_USE LOCK_AUTH_SETTINGS=False BLOCKADDINS=0 ENABLEEUEI=0 %ProgramFiles%\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\SoftwareAuthorizationPro.exe" /qb

Installation will go through and then the user will be asked to authorize? Currently without adding that licensing software part and authorization form pops up but like I said it is grayed out. Only way to fix it is to completely uninstall (attempting re-installation, even manually ends at the same grayed out auth form)

0 Kudos