How do I find out what the minimum supported SQL Server database is, for each version of ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
07-03-2019 04:30 AM
DarrenTuckett1
New Contributor III

How do I find out what the minimum supported SQL Server database is, for each version of ArcGIS Pro? For example, I am aware 2.4 only supports databases from SQL Server 2014 upwards but not sure about earlier versions of ArcGIS Pro?

Whilst I've found documentation for earlier versions of ArcGIS Desktop, I can't seem to locate anything for ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

The ArcGIS Pro online help is currently not archived the same as Desktop (ArcMap) online help.

There is a request here: https://community.esri.com/ideas/15059-arcgis-pro-help-should-start-showing-version-numbers-eg-10-21...

What version of Pro are you interested in?  The only way I know of would be to install the version of ArcGIS Pro you're interested in and then install the local help.  The installed help will match that version so will contain the information you're after.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If it is listed, it would be here

ArcGIS Pro 2.4 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

the version requirements go back

0 Kudos
DarrenTuckett1
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, those pages don't list the minimum supported SQL Server database. It is more to do with the running of the ArcGIS Pro software.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

The ArcGIS Pro online help is currently not archived the same as Desktop (ArcMap) online help.

There is a request here: https://community.esri.com/ideas/15059-arcgis-pro-help-should-start-showing-version-numbers-eg-10-21...

What version of Pro are you interested in?  The only way I know of would be to install the version of ArcGIS Pro you're interested in and then install the local help.  The installed help will match that version so will contain the information you're after.

DarrenTuckett1
New Contributor III

Thanks Kory

I am interested in 2.3.3 I do actually have that installed and can check the offline help.

We will be upgrading to 2.4 but cannot do so until we have migrated off SQL Server 2012. I was just wishing to check the SQL Server support for the previous version and kind of thought the answer would be online.

DarrenTuckett1
New Contributor III

I see that 2.3 only supports SQL Server 2014 and above. 

I tried to install the 2.2 help, on a virtual machine I use but it needed ArcGIS Pro to be installed for it to be installed. I didn't wish to go through the complete process of installing ArcGIS Pro 2.2, just to find out the minimum SQL Server database requirements.

I shall use 10.5 on that virtual machine, to do my editing. It will do the job for now until our database is migrated from 2012 to 2018.

0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

Note that Pro 2.6 will be the last version to support SQL Server 2014 according to the current deprecation plans (although deprecation plans sometimes prove fluid and change with time):

FAQ: What are the deprecation plans for ArcGIS products? 

Deprecation plans final version year 2019