How do I access the Renumber Nodes (coverage) tool from ArcGIS Desktop?

12-12-2017 03:14 AM
GabrielConnor-Streich
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm running ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.1, version 10.4.1.5686 with an Advanced Licence.  I am working with coverages and it would be exceptionally useful for me to have access to the Renumber nodes tool, which should be in Coverage toolbox > Data management toolset > Tables toolset.  

I have access to the Feature class to coverage tool, but do not seem to have the Coverage toolbox.  I've seen that the Coverage toolbox seems to require an ArcInfo Workstation licence, but that Workstation has now also been retired.  Can I access this toolbox with my current licence level?  Do I need an extension/update?

An answer to this may stop me from going prematurely grey, so any help will be gratefully received! 

Thanks! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gabriel,

See if this thread helps. 

https://community.esri.com/thread/78349 

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check with your local Esri distributor if they can provide a setup of ArcInfo Workstation 10.0. It can be installed in the same machine as ArcMap 10.4.1. Installation of ArcInfo Workstation is essential for working with Coverage toolbox. I don't see any other option if you want to work with ArcInfo Coverage data.

Think Location
GabrielConnor-Streich
New Contributor II

Thanks for the info, both.  I'm working at a University, so all licences for ESRI products are held centrally.  Hopefully they have a Workstation licence available and, if so, I can get it running concurrently with Desktop.  

RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

ArcInfo Workstation uses an ArcInfo (a.k.a., Professional license). This is the same license as you can use with ArcGIS Desktop. In short you just need to have some one load ArcInfo Workstation on your machine (an ensure they set the license server name correctly during the installation).  

Msiexec /I setup.msi ADDLOCAL=ALL LICENSESERVER=<your server name> /qb

RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

The Renumber Nodes tool is available via ArcCatalog or ArcMap. If accessed via ArcMap you need to open the Catalog tab and open the System Toolboxes folder. In pre-ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.1 installs this toolbox was available from ArcToolbox but at 10.5.1 it is not (you can add it to the ArcToolbox as well by navigating to the toolbox at c:\program files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.5\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes).

See image below

Rich.

GabrielConnor-Streich
New Contributor II

Thanks Richard!  I'm assuming that in order to add the toolbox I will also need to have ArcInfo installed? I checked the system toolboxes I currently have available and Coverage Tools are not available.  Fingers crossed I can get an install of Workstation! 

Gabriel

0 Kudos